Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bloody Balloons

Yesterday was one of those bloody balloons days. Nobody can hate balloons more than I do. I am going to get a t-shirt printed with “I have PMS - no balloons today please.” I never take my kids grocery shopping. I get food delivered by Safeway. And why yesterday of all days I decided to take both kids to the local market I have no idea. They even have those ridiculous little shopping carts (trolleys) that kids insist on ramming into your arse and your ankles and into badly stacked boxes in the store, sending cascades of cans all over the floor in front of you so that negotiating aisles with your own cart is rendered impossible.

I was glared at by three store workers and two women without kids who think that children should not be allowed in grocery stores – I agree with them.

Choose your battles – never argue with children about the nutritional content of different cookies – never say that a particular packet of chocolate chip cookies contains high fructose corn syrup. I don’t know why I bothered. Soon Henry and Emily were both screaming at the top of their voices. And Emily lay down in front of my cart blocking the aisle like some sort of crazed protestor.

To read more of this story please go to
and buy my ebook for a mere $3.99. Thanks lovely reader.

2 comments:

  1. Please can others try to post a comment to see if it works. Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete